Alan Collier oil painting on board in carved wood frame.
Titled: President Range, Emerald Lake – Yoho National Park – Alberta
signed bottom right.
Board measures: 16 inches high x 20 inches wide.
An arts and crafts mixed sterling with overlaid copper large two handled pedestal bowl. The copper in the shape of landscape mountains and stars impressed into the silver. Hallmarked sterling for 1915 – and silver maker – William Hutton & Sons.
This is a Kingsware baluster whiskey jug, decorated in the Arts and Crafts manner, in a muted naturalistic palette, by master pottery decorator, Charles Noke, with an image of the Pied Piper of Hamelin playing his flute.
Charles Nokes went to Doulton after serving for 16 years at Worcester factory, where he had trained under James Hadley. Kingsware was the result of a Noke’s experiment with glaze. Much of it was made for the Dewar’s Company for Scotch whiskey.
Doulton Kingsware whiskey jugs are both decorative and highly collectible. This is fine example of Noke’s work, and would take pride of place in a collection of Kingsware. It’s also a great gift for someone who collects unique bar ware, and would appreciate an unusual water pitcher to use when Scotch is served.
Marked: Signed “Noke” on the front, on the lower, left hand corner, near the foot of the figure. Black transfer mark on the bottom of the base, in use at the Doulton Burslem factory, Stoke-on-Trent, between 1902-22 (pictured).
Measures: Dimensions: 8 1/2″ H x 3 7/8″ in diameter.
This double-struck flatware service in fiddle, shell and thread pattern was variously made by William Eley, William Fearn and William Chawner I & II in London between 1809 and 1832, with the exception of the knives which were made in Sheffield by Aaron Hatfield (registered in Sheffield by 1812 though the assays indicate manufacture post-1840). Both the luncheon and dinner knives have old French blades in stainless steel: no bolsters, expertly replaced and in excellent condition. The knife handles are crested on one side, towards the bases, with a rampant lion.
The 89 piece service consists of twelve, seven-piece place settings: a 9″ tablespoon, 6 7/8″ dessert spoon, 5 1/2″ teaspoon, 8″ dinner fork, 6 1/2 salad/dessert fork, 8 1/2″ luncheon knife, and 10 1/4″ dinner knife, plus five serving pieces: two 12″ serving/stuffing spoons, a 7″ sauce ladle and two 4″ mustard ladles. The services comes in a high-polish mahogany, two-tiered flatware caddy with polished brass fittings. The caddy dimensions are below.
A four piece William IV period sterling Irish tea service with heavily embossed floral design. Set consists of coffee pot, tea pot, creamer and large sugar. Dated 1834 – maker Charles Marsh – Dublin